Sugar cane


Image result for sugarcane pinterest

Sugarcane Plants


Sugarcane! Sugarcane! I remember the days when I was young and would visit my granny with her abundance of fruit trees. My second favourite fruit was Julie mango. My very favourite was sugarcane! I would run down to my granny where she would cut the sweet succulent pieces and I would eagerly suck the juices out of them. One of the greatest joys to be had on a visit to Tobago is sugarcane! Most cane vendors are happy to tout the benefits of organic sugarcane juice to you. No hassle, no sweat to peel the sugarcane and extract the juice...they'll do all the work! Nothing is more refreshing than organic, cold, fresh cane juice on a sunny day. There is a vendor that usually sells in Scarborough on the "Old Road" as well as in Hope Village. Try it yourself! It is sweet and absolutely delicious. After all, it's the sugar cane plant which gives us sugar!



Image result for sugarcane juice pinterest
Sugarcane juice

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yogurt made the goat's way!

Black pudding